This year saw the second anniversary of Sammi Loves Books. However, it wasn’t really until the beginning of the year that I started posting regular book reviews. 2014 saw me read and review 63 books and short stories on Sammi Loves Books, which is a figure beyond my wildest expectations.
Looking back, one of the highlights had to be the ARC of Trudi Canavan’s latest offering, Thief’s Magic. I had also come across a number of authors whose work I hadn’t read before but thoroughly enjoyed. And then there was ‘Indie Only Month’, where I only read and reviewed independently published works, and ‘Historical Fiction Month’ that focused on one of my favourite genres. All-in-all, it was a good year full of good books.
The most popular reviews of the year were: (follow the links to read the reviews)
- The Sphinx Without a Secret by Oscar Wilde – Short Story Review
- The Vampire by Sydney Horler – Short Story Review
- Thief’s Magic by Trudi Canavan – ARC Book Review
- The Black Veil by Charles Dickens – Short Story Review
- They Never Get Caught by Margery Allingham – Short Story Review
My ‘Favourite Reads of 2014’ ended as follows: (follow the links to read the reviews)
- Thief’s Magic (Trudi Canavan)
- Company of Liars (Karen Maitland)
- The Gallows Curse (Karen Maitland)
- The Warrior’s Princess (Barbara Erskine)
- The Mirror Crack’d From Side to Side (Agatha Christie)
- The Seance (John Harwood)
- The Price of Light (Ellis Peters)
- The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith)
- Medicus and the Disappearing Dancing Girls (R.S. Downie)
- Devil-Devil (G.W. Kent)
Hope you all had a good 2014, and wishing you a 2015 full of good books!