UPDATE: the anthology “Winter Magic” is now going ahead. Yay! Check out the submission guidelines for this project and to learn about future projects, by following this link. Can’t wait to read what you’ve come up with.
I posted this on my writing blog (Sammi Scribbles) yesterday, but thought I should post it here too, for anyone who missed it that might be interested 🙂
This week has been a whirlwind of ideas. Sometimes it feels like having too many ideas is just as bad as having writer’s block. Or is it worse? 😉
So, I thought before I go any further and get carried away (which may or may not already have happened), I might put one of these ideas out there and see what kind or response it gets. And my! Am I nervous about doing it. Take a big, deep breath, Sammi!
So what is this idea? I was thinking of launching a little side project that would release multi-author anthologies out into the e-world. And the first of these projects would be an anthology of short stories, flash fiction and poetry inspired by the theme of…wait for it…”Winter Magic”.
Now, all the details are not finalised and what follows is not set in stone, but if you think this might be something that interests you, please read on to see what I have already come up with:
- The most important point to note is that the primary purpose of this endeavour is to help get writers work seen by as many people as possible. After all, that’s what we as writers want isn’t? No, it’s what we need if we are going to get anywhere in this industry.
- The deadline for submissions would be around 17 November 2016
- The proposed release date for the anthology would be around 1 December 2016
- The anthology will be posted online – probably on Wattpad via an account set up specifically for the anthologies. Yes, I have ideas for many, many others 🙂 This way I won’t be taking credit for anyone else’s work. You will need a Wattpad account (they’re free to set up and it only takes a matter of minutes) but you are not required to be active on the site. This is so that I can link your work with your own account / profile as well as having the work attributed to you within the anthology. (Why Wattpad? Because there is already a strong, supportive readership in place, and work that is posted there is protected. Also anthologies and collaborations are quite popular on the site too).
- Unfortunately, you won’t get paid, but all authors will get a PDF copy of the anthology – which won’t be available anywhere else, to anyone else (one small exception might be for book reviewers not on Wattpad as part of the promotional side of the anthology).
- All genres will be accepted except fanfiction.
- Reprints will be accepted as long as you hold the rights to the work.
- Rights remain with the authors at all times.
So those are the bare bones of it. There are more details, but I thought they could wait until the submission call is released, if it is released. This will depend if anyone is interested in submitting something for consideration. The question is, are you? If yes, please let me know by commenting below or contacting me – don’t worry, you are not committing to anything, only giving me an idea as to whether this little endeavour would be worth my time and effort, and yours.
Thanks so much for reading. It’s appreciated 🙂